These Terms of Service govern your use of the website located at https://www.parsonslaw.ca and any related services provided by Parsons Law.
By accessing https://www.parsonslaw.ca, you agree to abide by these Terms of Service and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree with these Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using or accessing this website or using any other services provided by Parsons Law.
We, Parsons Law, reserve the right to review and amend any of these Terms of Service at our sole discretion. Upon doing so, we will update this page. Any changes to these Terms of Service will take effect immediately from the date of publication.
These Terms of Service were last updated on 18 August 2022.
Limitations of Use
By using this website, you warrant on behalf of yourself, your users, and other parties you represent that you will not:
- modify, copy, prepare derivative works of, decompile, or reverse engineer any materials and software contained on this website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from any materials and software on this website;
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server;
- knowingly or negligently use this website or any of its associated services in a way that abuses or disrupts our networks or any other service Parsons Law provides;
- use this website or its associated services to transmit or publish any harassing, indecent, obscene, fraudulent, or unlawful material;
- use this website or its associated services in violation of any applicable laws or regulations;
- use this website in conjunction with sending unauthorized advertising or spam;
- harvest, collect, or gather user data without the user’s consent; or
- use this website or its associated services in such a way that may infringe the privacy, intellectual property rights, or other rights of third parties.
The intellectual property in the materials contained in this website are owned by or licensed to Parsons Law and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. We grant our users permission to download one copy of the materials for personal, non-commercial transitory use.
This constitutes the grant of a license, not a transfer of title. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions or the Terms of Service, and may be terminated by Parsons Law at any time.
Our website and the materials on our website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. To the extent permitted by law, Parsons Law makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property, or other violation of rights.
In no event shall Parsons Law or its suppliers be liable for any consequential loss suffered or incurred by you or any third party arising from the use or inability to use this website or the materials on this website, even if Parsons Law or an authorized representative has been notified, orally or in writing, of the possibility of such damage.
In the context of this agreement, “consequential loss” includes any consequential loss, indirect loss, real or anticipated loss of profit, loss of benefit, loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of opportunity, loss of savings, loss of reputation, loss of use and/or loss or corruption of data, whether under statute, contract, equity, tort (including negligence), indemnity, or otherwise.
Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Accuracy of Materials
The materials appearing on our website are not comprehensive and are for general information purposes only. Parsons Law does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on this website, or otherwise relating to such materials or on any resources linked to this website.
Parsons Law has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, approval, or control by Parsons Law of the site. Use of any such linked site is at your own risk and we strongly advise you make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of those sites.
Right to Terminate
We may suspend or terminate your right to use our website and terminate these Terms of Service immediately upon written notice to you for any breach of these Terms of Service.
Any term of these Terms of Service which is wholly or partially void or unenforceable is severed to the extent that it is void or unenforceable. The validity of the remainder of these Terms of Service is not affected.
These Terms of Service are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Except as otherwise noted, the contents of this website are copyright of Parsons Law. All rights reserved.
The content of the Parsons Law website, www.parsonslaw.ca is provided for purposes of information only and under no circumstances should it be construed as legal advice. Visitors to the Parsons Law website should not act or refrain from acting without seeking the appropriate legal or professional advice in the circumstances. Parsons Law cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any information transmitted by way of Internet e-mail or via the Parsons Law website and, accordingly, transmissions should not contain confidential information. The viewing of the Parsons Law website and any communication with Kent Parsons or employee of Kent Parsons by way of Internet e-mail or via the website does not constitute a solicitor-client relationship between Kent Parsons and any website visitors.
Communicating with Parsons Law
You should be aware that email is not a 100% secure medium, and you should be aware of this when contacting us to send personal or confidential information.
- Sending an email to Parsons Law does not automatically make Kent Parsons your lawyer. You will not be considered a client of Kent Parsons until Parsons Law has agreed to act for you in accordance with the usual policies of Parsons Law for accepting clients.
- You are advised not to send confidential information to Parsons Law before a lawyer-client relationship is established.